Thursday, November 13, 2008

Charity


So the other day Isaac's school was asking for gently used donations of stuffed animals for Children Hospital and I grabbed a bear from Avri's toy box she has probably never touched. When she saw me take it, she immediately went into a panic and confessing her undying love for this bear she probably had no idea she owned. Yet of course in her mind as soon as she saw it again it became new and she loved it to peices. I explained to her that we needed to donate a stuffed animal to some children who would be sick and in the hospital for Christmas and that her bear could help to make somebody feel better, but ultimately the decision was up to her. If she wanted to keep the bear than we would find something else. A few minutes later I heard her in her room crying and went in to check and see what was going on. She was sitting on her bed hugging the bear and crying the biggest and saddest little tears I had ever seen. When I asked her what was the matter she said that she really loved her bear, but would rather give it to a sick little girl that would not have a bear to hug for Christmas. I don't think I had ever been prouder of her. Usually when we give to charity we give the things that we don't desire to have ourselves, but she gave something she really wanted to keep for herself and that was a big step for a 4 year old little girl. So, we took this picture so that she could remember her bear and so that I could remember the day Avri taught me a lesson about giving.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

momx2 said...

That is so sweet. GOod job big A.

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!