Thursday, November 13, 2008

10 years and still going strong!


On October 30th Phillip and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. I know I am late, but I am always late and thank God he still loves me for it!

When I look back on our 10 years to together it amazes me we how far we have come. We married when we were just babies. I was 18 and he was 19 and we just knew we had the whole world figured out. Boy were we wrong! I guess I would have to say that we pretty much had to finish raising eachother, but I think we did a pretty good job! He has stuck by me through the bad times, rejoiced with me through the good times, and cried with me through the most terrifying day of my life. He is my best friend, my protector, my provider, my biggest fan, and the only person in this world who knows all of my flaws and embraces them as so much of what he loves about me.

I know there are probably lots of people out there who look at our relationship and just don't understand it. We never laugh at eachothers jokes, we are constantly picking on eachother, and we always love a good laugh at the others expense, but that is what I love about us. We love eachother for who we really are just a couple of dorks. We are eachother's family and I will be there to stand by him for richer for poorer, in sickness and health, til death do us part....
I love you Phillip! I can't wait to see what the next 10 years have in store for us......................
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Says Ms. Copenhaver... said...

Congrats Misty and Philip!

And, BTW, what the HECK kind of songs are those on your song list? That is the strangest collection of music I've seen in a long time...

Gillispie Blog said...

I'm a strange girl:)

BlessedMom said...

Happy late Anniversary!

momx2 said...

I see Angelle does not appreciate our fondness of old country.

Happy anniversary!

Jenny G said...

Happy Anniversary!

pgillispie said...

Where has the time gone? I still remember our first date and how nervous I was. I remember the times you have stolen my breath away. The first time I saw you working at Just for Feet wearing those short shorts. Our wedding day where I had to hold my tears back. When our children were born. 10 years and I am still excited to come home and see your smiling face. I have loved every minute for the past ten years. The Lord has truly blessed me with an Angel from heaven. I know I do not tell you enough but you are my everything. You are my dreams, my wishes, my joy and my life. Any success I have is because of you. 10 years and you are still the prettiest woman I know. We all are lucky just to know you. You are my best friend and my only true friend.

I Love You More Than You Will Ever Know.

Remember the song YOUR LOVE IS LIKE A RIVER.

Sherry said...

What a sweet post from Phillip!

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Congrats, dude!

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!