Thursday, July 17, 2008

The "eyes" have it!

Today was one of the most disturbing experiences of my life. I got to take my friend into an office and watch them slice her eye open on a tv. YUCK!!! Some people find this so interesting and neat, I found it to be a puked a little in my mouth moment. Lacy of course was not scared one bit, I was nervous enough for everybody though. She was such a brave little patient and so ready to throw out her cute little glasses and contacts. I can't say I blame her. The patient was sent home with Valium and some really snazy goggles to wear. A BIG THANKS to Angelle and Michelle for watching eight kids today while we were at Lacy's appointment. This is poor Michelle's second week on baby duty, she gives a whole new meaning to the word best friend!

Get to feeling better soon Lacy, you will have to wear lots of eye make-up next week to make up for your seven days without!

2 comments:

Michelle and Jason said...

You sure know how to make a girl feel good after such an active day. I mean, my hair is messy, my face is sweaty, and I for sure am not wearing a lick of eye makeup (big surprise, I know). You are a better woman than I am; I certainly could not handle being in that room with Lacy - now, YOU'RE a good friend! I had the easy job! :)

momx2 said...

Thanks so much for going with me. You were an awesome nurse and I really owe you one!!!

They called to see if my "chaperone" was still feeling queasy. JK!

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!