Monday, June 9, 2008

Me, Myself, and I

So I have been thinking about myself a lot lately. You know the usual... am I a good person, do I treat others the way I want to be treated, am I someone that my children can look up to, is God please with the woman I have grown up to be?? And after days of worrying and wondering I have come to a conclusion...... I'm me! I know there are plenty of things others might change about me and of course I can always strive to be a better example for my children, but at the end of the day I truly am happy with the person that I am. I'm forgetful, messy, way to early or way to late, I talk over people when I get excited, I'm scared of my shadow, and I always commit to more than I can actually accomplish and I know this. They are not my best qualities, but they are part of me and I have come to a point in my life where I am going to be happy being me no matter what anyone else thinks.

I was talking to a friend the other day and she said something that made me feel a lot better "If you took away everything about your personality that somebody did not like, eventually there would be nothing left of you" Can you imagine, no Misty left, now that is a tragedy!

2 comments:

Michelle and Jason said...

Someone gave you some very wise advice!

BlessedMom said...

This is exactly how feel. If you don't like who I am, keep walking.

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!