Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I am not ashamed of the gospel

I AM SOOOO SICK of people trying to make me ashamed of being a Christian. I LOVE GOD! I AM A CHRISTIAN! I said it. I don't know what it is so offensive to stand up for what the Word of God teaches us. Bending on and breaking on the teachings of the Bible is what has gotten us to the places we are now. I mean come on the Bible is not a multiple choice. All of the rules apply. Are we perfect as Christians?? Absolutely not, but we war against our flesh daily to try to follow after his example. We are human, but God is my creator, my Father, my redeemer and I want to be pleasing in his eyes and not in another human's eyes. I read Matthew24: 1-14 and it just reminds me that as a Christian I will be hated, I will offend, but it is worth it all if one soul can be saved. Lord, I am nothing without you. Please help to remind me daily.

4 comments:

Michelle and Jason said...

You said it, girl! We are imperfect, but God loves us anyway . . . we are truly undeserving, but He has sent His Son to save us . . . really, who could ask more? And, who can doubt His power and love?

momx2 said...

Ditto.
I want to sing: "I'm not ashamed to own my Lord nor to defend his cause...."

Says Ms. Copenhaver... said...

I'm tired of worrying about offending people with Jesus...I guess being able to plant that seed in someone's mind is worth offending them.

Sherry said...

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.
Romans 1:16

Remember the words I spoke to you: If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.
John 15:20, 21

In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and imposters will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
2 Tim 3:12


Seems to me, the more you are persecuted (for Christ's sake), the better looking you are to God. Good word. I like your blog!

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!