Friday, February 29, 2008

Grown up clothes...sniff..sniff

So last night I had a fabulous night out with my friends. We went to eat at a fancy Mexican restaurant (forgot the name) and I had some awesome fish tacos! Then, we headed off to Ann Taylor Loft for a VIP discount shopping trip. Then ended the night with our famous late night chat session at Devon's.

Let me start by saying, I still feel 16..... yet my friends informed me that I sometimes still dress like I am 16 also. I did not take it as negative comment because I am still young and fresh and all those wonderful things that I am hanging on to for dear life, but I have always wondered.... is it time to leave the juniors department behind???

So, with the help of my 5 girls, I began my new "grown up" wardrobe and I actually like it! It is not as frumpy as I had always imagined the dreaded "women's department" to be. I got some really cute tops for this spring, some REALLY cute jeans that fit great, and some fancy flip flops. It did not hurt that it was a 35% off discount! So now, my new favorite store is Ann Taylor Loft and no longer Forever 21. Now, if you see the occasional slightly too short sun dress, something involving a pattern of sequins, or even a Hannah Montana tee, please understand this is a process and I am taking baby steps. Sniff, sniff.... she's growing up..... well I'll never grown "all the way" up :)

Thanks Girls! I had a great night!

5 comments:

momx2 said...

I had a great time too. I can't wait to see you in your new clothes. We have to plan another nite out to wear our new stuff!

Michelle and Jason said...

I'm so glad you like the pretty stuff you got! I can't wait to see everybody in their new clothes, especially you, the newest Forever 21 graduate :)

BlessedMom said...

What a great night!! When can we do it again?

Jenny G said...

I had a ball last night and I'm glad you took the comments about the clothes as I meant them, from my heart!!! You are going to look great in everything!!!!

jennyhope said...

I for one am not leaving the juniors department...LOL!

You are hilarious! I got the cds! thanks girl!

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!