Monday, December 29, 2008

One things for certain....

With the New Year at hand, my mind has been filled with memories from the past year and curiosity of what 2009 will bring.

2008 was a tough one for me.....

1. I renewed old friendships and made peace with those I had to let go.
2. I learned that little boys don't stay little for long.
3. I saw my husband truly proud of himself for probably the first time ever (he never thinks he is good enough).
4. I came to realize that "normal" is just a word and something I hope my children never grow up to be. After all, the Bible says we are a peculiar people:)
5. I got to be there with my best friend before her mother began her battle against breast cancer. She and the Lord beat that cancer to a pulp!
6. I discovered Avri really is to big to be carried on my hip, though I still do it.
7. I add a few more laugh lines to my collection.
8. I celebrated 10 years of marriage.
9. I told my childhood home goodbye and welcomed my parent's to the neighborhood.
10. And I know that each year brings me closer to my final goal.

Looking forward to 2009 can bring its anxieties... my little girl heading off to Kindergarten is a big one for me and each year Isaac's questions become harder and harder to answer. Each year I am wondering if I am doing it right....don't we all. As uncertain as the future is, one thing is for certain...God is there. My Dad preached on these verses Sunday and it gave me such a peace. A peace of knowing that no matter where this year takes me that God is ever present.

Psalm 139: 1-24. Read it all, but here are some of the verses that really spoke to me.

1.O Lord, You have searched me and known me. 2.You know my sitting down and my rising up: You understand my thought afar off. 3. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. 4. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. 5. You have hedged me behind and before, And laid your hand upon me.

17: How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! 18. If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with you.

What an assurance to know that God is with me every step of the way. My Father, my Comforter, my Savior, my Friend. I just pray that if you don't have that assurance that you would ask Jesus into your heart. Better than that, I hope he will make your bed a bed of rocks until you do! I say that out of Love because we all need a savior! That is one thing that I thank my parents most for. They built me up like nobody's business. They told me I was the prettiest, the funniest, the most talented kid on this earth, but they also told me that if I did not have Jesus as my Savior that I was just a pretty, funny, talented lost sinner. Now I am a pretty, funny, talented sinner saved by his Grace!

I wonder what he says to himself when he thinks of me.... I imagine something like "Didn't I just get her out of a fix" or "You just promised you would not ask for anything else" or "She just can't keep that trap of hers shut". I think that is probably one of those things I will ask....."What were you thinking when you threw all this together and made me?" HA!

Anyway, enough with my ramblings... Have a wonderful New Year and remember me and mine when you pray:)

2 comments:

Michelle and Jason said...

Beautiful, beautiful. You and yours are always in my thoughts and prayers! Love you!

Sherry said...

...as far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our transgressions from us. (Psalm 103:12)

My love, He will say to you, "Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' Matthew 25:23

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!