Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My little energizer bunny (the battery story)



So, as some of you know, Isaac decided to swallow a battery Monday night. I am not sure what possed him to do this, but he says he was just playing with it and put it in his mouth and accidentally swallowed it. Who knows, I thought by 8 we were done putting things in our mouths. Anyway, after hearing what sounded like choking I jumped from the tub to see what was going on. Isaac was coughing and proceeding to tell me he swallowed a battery. I immediately went into panic mode. I called 911 who told me to take him to the ER immediately. On the way Phillip called poison control and met us there. At the ER they x-rayed him and found the battery was already in his stomach, drew blood, and sent us home with laxitive to help the battery along. Day 2, we were instructed back to the doctor for another x-ray to find that it had moved into his colon. We are now at Day 3 for search and recover and still no battery. If this battery is not out by Friday, we will be headed back to see what are next move is. Once the battery is out we will be doing lead level tests to make sure he has not gotten lead poisening in this processes. This is truely a Christmas I will never forget. I don't think Isaac will be tasting batteries anymore, that silly kid!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

McKt said...

Glad to hear that things are looking good. That is scary! You know teaching school I was always surprised at the things "big kids" would do. Hope everything has "resolved" and all the test are okay.

Sherry said...

Glad that's past. Literally.

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!