Friday, August 8, 2008

A moment with my Daddy.

Today, I shared one of those precious moments between father and daughter.......watching him be tattooed, it runs in the family! Okay, so my dad had this playboy bunny tattoo on his arm that he did himself while he was drunk and in the Navy. I can remember since I was little him talking about getting it covered up, but he just never seemed to get around to it. For Father's Day my sister and I got him a gift certificate to Tattoo Jungle and today he finally got around to getting it done. It was so funny to see him sitting there. He kept saying "This hurts more than I remember, of course I was drunk and using a sewing needle so I could take my time." He ended up covering it up with praying hands and the bible verse "Pray without ceasing" (1 Thes. 5:17). He was telling the tattoo guy about my tattoos and that he was sure I would be back to see them soon. It was hilarious!

2 comments:

McKt said...

The more I learn about your daddy, the more I want to meet him. Like an onion, with all those layers. :) I'm glad you had this "bonding" experience!

momx2 said...

that is awesome. Treasure every moment with him, esp. Funny times like this!

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!