Thursday, August 7, 2008

First day of 3rd grade and first day of Intermediate School



You would think since Isaac has been going to school full time since the age of 3, this would get easier, but it doesn't. Now it is even harder. A new school, new responsibilities, and a newfound independance makes it all the more scarier for me. Of course I quized him 30 times on his teachers name and making him give me step by step instructions on how to get to his classroom. Isaac on the other hand was calm as a cucumber and thankfully alsmost seemed excited, for as excited as Isaac gets. The last two weeks he has been really nervous, saying it was going to be hard and he would not like it, but after seeing some familiar faces in his class at orientation he seems ready to face the world. As he got out of the car this morning I asked if he was okay and with a very serious face said "I got this." I am so proud of him I can't stand it. He is absolutely a miracle. I love you Isaac and have a great first day!!!!

3 comments:

McKt said...

What a big man! Good luck (to Mommy) today, dealing with all the big adjustments. Why are all the milestones so much harder for us than them?

momx2 said...

He looks so grown up.
Good luck Isaac!
(and Mommy)

Michelle and Jason said...

Isaac, I know you're going to enjoy your third grade year! You (and Mommy) are going to do GREAT!

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!