Friday, May 9, 2008

Rewind

Have you ever had one of those days that you wish you could just hit rewind on and start it over again. That was today! It was just a wasted day, I got nothing done, I canceled pictures I should have waited on (thanks James Span), and I got really upset with Isaac for something stupid that I should have been more understanding about. Now, I am just really feeling horrible about making a big deal out of it and am wanting to drive to my mom's and give him a hug. I forgot his action figures, which he really depends on having at night and instead of just driving back home and getting them, I complained and told him that he should learn to adjust when he does not have the things he wants and to stop being a baby. It was not fair to say to him. I know how much he depends on them more than anyone. UGH, don't you just feel horrible when you look back on the day and realize that you said something you shouldn't have to your kid. It just really sucks when they are old enough to understand when you are losing patience and then when I was dropping him off he says "I'll miss you tonight Mom".... Okay Lord, I get it, I feel like dirt already I promise.

So this is a reminder to myself to strive to have the same amount of patience with my children that God has for me daily and I know I must drive him crazy.

1 comment:

BlessedMom said...

My daily prayer always ends with asking God for patience with my kids. I think we all struggle with this. You're a great mommy and I'm sure he won't hold it against you!

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!