Monday, May 19, 2008

A birthday that will truly last forver!

Excuse my toes!













Friday night was spent celebrating my 28th birthday with my gals! There was food, fun, and tattooing?? I had been wanting to get the Autism puzzle piece symbol for a LONG time and decided that was the night! I had friends around to support me and hold my hand all the way through. I even convinced a few other to join in!?!? I am sure some people don't like tattoos, but for me this puzzle piece is so much more than just something cute to put on my foot. It symbolizes how a situation in our lives went from heartbreak to healing and how proud I am as a mother of an autistic child who has beaten the odds and proven to everyone that he is more than his diagnosis. It is truly a night we will NEVER forget.





3 comments:

McKt said...

Way to go Misty! I hope everything heals well and you will have a lovely symbol of your relationship with your son forever. Now, I guess I will have to seek out the "other's" who joined in! :)

Michelle and Jason said...

I love the final product! I was so happy to be there to help you celebrate your birthday - it was certainly an honor to witness such a meaningful moment! Love ya!

BlessedMom said...

I had a super time!! The next bday celebration is going to have to be big to compete with this one!!

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!