Thursday, April 30, 2009

Isaac, the Bible scholar


So last night after Church, Isaac's sunday school teacher comes up to me and goes, I asked Isaac to start bringing his bible to church so that we could have them begin reading and memorizing scripture and he says "My Mom and Dad don't really want me reading the Bible, it's no big deal" THIS KID! He is killing me! So, after assuring her that we would never discourage Isaac from reading his Bible, though it really had not occured to me until she said it, that he really is old enough to begin reading it on his own, I had a little chat with him. I did tell him that it was Mom and Dad's fault that we had not begun to encourage him to read it on his own and that he did indeed own a Bible and that we would pull it out and talk about it when we got home.


As soon as we got home he ran into his room and pulled it out of the drawer and I as I was in my bedroom changing clothes, I heard him reading it aloud...."In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." No sound could have been more sweet to my ears and my eyes welled up with tears. I stopped right then and thanked God for not only giving him the ability to read and speak, but I prayed that he would instill in him a Love for his Word. Once I pulled it together, I walked in and gave him a big kiss on the forehead and told him how proud it made me to hear him reading God's word to which he replies...."You mean every word in the world is in here?" to which I answered...."The only ones that matter are.":)

No comments:

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!