Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The date...

I asked Isaac back about a week ago if he would like to go on a "date" with me on Saturday. He agreed and I was tickled. It seems like so long ago when it was just him and me. Before Avri, it was just the two of us and there are times when I miss that so much. We started the day by heading out to the comic book store (his favorite place in the world) and we picked out some comics together. He showed me some of the charicters and describes to my thier powers and weaknesses, you know boy stuff. It was really cool to watch him there. He was so in his element. This kid knows everything there is to know about the Marvel comics and there are very few places where he really comes alive. It was just wonderful to watch him. Next we headed out to Moe's his favorite resteraunt where he ate 2 kids meals and we had some time to talk. It was so funny to be sitting across from him like he was a little man. I love to just hear him talk and say whatever is going on in that fantastic little mind of his. He told me more about his new comics and said he liked our date. I asked him if he remembered when it use to be just us and he just smiled and said "yeah, I know." Afterwards we went to the mall and I purchased him his first bottle of cologne. It felt like such a grown up to buy, but he said "I want to smell cool at school" and that is all it took. What can I say, he is my baby. He is growing up to be such a handsome, smart, and proud young man and I could not be more proud of him. He has shaped my life and taught me things he cannot even begin to understand at this age, but I hope someday he realizes what a gift from God he is and embraces all that God has in store for him. It amazes me now how fitting his name is "Isaac." I can so clearly remember when Phillip and I had to fully submit his life and healing over to God. He has truely blessed us.

3 comments:

momx2 said...

Misty!
You always make me cry!!!

McKt said...

How precious! I am so glad you two had this time together.

Now, next time you have a post like this, could you please add some sort of warning about being an extreme tear-jerker?

jennyhope said...

How did the meeting go? I was praying for you about that and what we talked about.

God has blessed us with such a wonderful life and I want to share it with you!